Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I wrote this in Feb of 2006 on a plane ride home.  

Dots on my horizon...drawing closer?

My pilot settles to his controls
My thoughts orbit as anchorless souls
Pen to paper brings comfort as a story unfolds

Men rise and fall through the tides of time
Writing their stories as I'm writing mine
Darting their eyes and drinking their wine
Facing the fruits of their wandering minds

Glaring down and seeing the end
Pondering if loved ones will see me again
Scale the tower and lean to one side
A breath of wind will end my faltering pride

I squint to view the dots once again
Is that heaven awaiting or hell within
Will this time end and the truth begin
Or will I be damned by the ultimate sin

As my horizon toys with me
Obscuring my dots when I turn to see
I rely on reason so that I can be

Dots on my horizon...Torturing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment