Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sunken Treasure


Standing on the rocky shore, nudging the splintered paddle below
Body and mind ache from my broken life

Eyeing the line of the heavens and earth
Stunned at lost vessels faltering by

Dots glowing and fading in life’s dance with death
Searching for a moment of solace within each day’s breath

I…MAKE…I!  Screaming with rage
What have I wrought, where is my course? 
Eyes search for those in my skeletal cage

Brushing away shards of a world I once knew
Can’t shake the longing… fear wells within

Searching for water on a blistering day
Wondering if whirlpools will stand in my way
Put my soul in a box and lock it away

Her ship’s wake spreads to the ends of the seas
The engine’s echo…a waterlogged dream
A blip on a screen out of range of my being
Something wonderful I’m no longer seeing

I love her so…she’s in my heart
I reach to her as pixels fade and fall apart

Back to the start, wearing weary skin
Angry at starting over again

Fumbling with boards…spilling nails
Building a comfort for watery rails
Thirst builds as I wonder if I’ll sink or sail

Searching for water on a blistering day
Wondering if whirlpools will stand in my way
Put my soul in a box and lock it away

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Deep. So descriptive I can 'feel' your emotions. Excellent writing.
    JP

    ReplyDelete